Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Fresh Starts

What does the new year mean to you? I think it means a fresh start for a lot of people. That's the whole point of a new years resolution, right? Dudes, I can't even write that without thinking about the resolute desk. National treasure, with their odd historical facts, has infiltrated my mind. And I have very few random historical facts to prove it.
You know what? I'm starting an advice column! That was really random and out of nowhere, but I am full of good advice and random quotes said by famous people, so I figure I might use my superpower for good rather than force it to fester around in my brain. After all, "The only thing to do with good advice is pass it on. It is never any use to oneself." Oscar Wilde (1854 - 1900)
Therefore, whenever people leave questions in the comments, I will do my very bestest to answer them. Go ahead, ask away!
Back to the new beginnings thing. I think that it's a little silly to use the new year as a new beginning. Every day could be a new beginning if you really want it to be one. For instance, tomorrow (or today, really) I will work on my speech for English. I will walk a fair amount. I will write at least 400 words on my novel. I will. That's such a simple sentence, but it has so much power when you actually follow through on things. Just a few thoughts.
Have a happy new year.
By the way, I read the tenth circle yesterday morning, and I loved it so much. Seriously.
And my current wordcount is 37590. My nanowriyear goal is 50k higher than that.

0 Fab Fans: