Sunday, December 30, 2007

Oh... this is love.


I just went to MOCAD yesterday, and I'm totally in love with the place. It's not a very tradtional art museaum in any sense of the word. It was founded last october, and I have a funny feeling that the founders were the ones sitting at the front desk, running tours, and working at the cafe. It feels very...rough. The whole building is bare bricks, I'd never heard of any of the artists, and the whole thing was one exhibit: Words Fail Me. It was all about words and how they interact with art. The second room was all about political statements, at least that's how I interpret it. I think my favorite work was a collection of about 80 different paintings. Big things with black or blue paint, in crazy violent writing, often in broken english and child-like scribbles. It's all pretty cool, and it's free, so what do you have to lose?

2 Fab Fans:

Tree said...

I have heard of this place, but I have not been yet. Who did you go with?? I also Like your new blog photo. Have a happy new year.

Samantha said...

I went with my 2nd cousins and their parents and my mom.