Saturday, January 19, 2008

Pride...

That is what my feet looked like this morning. That's right people, I've finished my very first pair of socks! I actually finished them at 11:30 last night, while watching Pirates of the Caribbean 3. I am ridiculously proud of them, and want nothing more than to have someone ask me where I got them (but I know that's not going to happen)
Crashing Cables Socks!
Pattern: Widdershins toe, CosmicPluto's heel, and my own cables (which have been named "crashing cables" for the time being)
Yarn:TOFUtsies in the blue/green/yellow colourway
Needles: size two Knitpicks Circs.
I love them, even though they don't entirely match. I've cast on for another plain pair with the leftover yarn, which there is a lot of.

I also read The Knitter's Book of Yarn today. It was pretty good, but it doesn't really go in the top ten. It isn't a really interesting topic (to me anyways), but they told it in a relatively interesting way.

I'm going to dance in my new socks. And other clothes too.

Random inner ninja thought of the day: How much work do you have to be doing to technically have "free time"? Is there a certain point when all of you time becomes free?

3 Fab Fans:

Tree said...

Hey - Where did you get those awesome socks?? Also konw this, all time is free time. You are free to use it how ever you choose. Have fun with your time.
Peace

Anonymous said...

Oh, yay! Yay! Yay! Awesome job for first socks! You have now joined the madness that is knitting socks. Just remember, sock yarn doesn't count as stash, so you can buy as much as you want!

Tree said...

Your socks looked great !!