Thursday, May 21, 2009

Huh?

I was in Commercial Art today, and I turned in my drawings, along with a paragraph explaining everything in the room. The substitute teacher looked at it and asked me if that was all I wanted to add to my room. It wasn't empty, but she seemed to think that it needed more stuff. It was kind of puzzling. If it's an ideal room, why should there be clutter? That's what my ideal house looks like, smallish without a lot of excess.
Why do people like their stuff so much? Stuff really isn't that great.

2 Fab Fans:

Andrea said...

People want stuff because people are lazy. First, they don't have a lot of stuff. Then, somehow, stuff accumulates in one room. They get used to it and decided to spread the theme throughout the entire house. Pretty soon, everyone has a bunch of stuff! I bet your substitue teacher has 3 games of Monopoly and several thousand coffee mugs.

Samantha said...

You're going to shoot me if I end up like that, right?