Monday, December 8, 2008

Responsibility

Responsibility is one of those things that make me curious. Where do you draw the line between letting people do their own thing and butting in because you feel like you should be responsible. If someone was going to kill themselves, are you supposed to tell someone? Because this sounds like I'm going to do something I shouldn't, I'm going to remind you that this was inspired by a story that we read in English. Johnny Bear, by Steinbeck. What if it doesn't seem like a big deal or anything that would turn into a big deal later? If you see someone shoplift, are you supposed to tell the people who work at the store? How much duty does the government have to protect us before they turn into big brother? Is it ever okay to steal things? What would happen if you never talked to anyone? Would people think you're crazy? Is there anything wrong with being crazy?
These are the exciting things that keep me up at night.

1 Fab Fans:

Anonymous said...

Well, at least they're totally fascinating. Better than the stuff that keeps me up at night.