Thursday, December 4, 2008

Another post about NaNoWriMo

Yet again. I feel like there was just something missing from the OMG I WON post.
NaNoWriMo taught me things that I could've never learned in school. The primary goal of NaNo is just to get words down, no matter how bad they are. There's really now way I would have learned that I should be able to write 2000 words in an hour and a half without NaNo. This will come in very usefull in life at some point. I'm not quite sure when, but I know it will. Write or Die is an invaluable tool when it comes to writing fast.
The biggest thing that I got out of NaNo was a huge sense of accomplishment that I haven't had in a long time. I feel like that novel represents something that I've been wanting for a long time, probably since I was in eighth grade. It means that my dreams, they have a chance. This is, in a way, the beginning of everything I want. It changes your future. Not in the same sense that something huge and crazy does, it's more of a worldview sort of thing.
It's amazing.From Post Secret, clearly.

2 Fab Fans:

Anonymous said...

That's pretty awesome. For me it was always just a personal challenge, and yeah, I felt 'WOW' when I managed it, but clearly it's a lot more to you, and that's pretty seriously cool.

I reiterate, though: I WANT TO READ SOME OF IT! :D

Tree said...

You are the blogging machine . . .

and yes, the sound is alwas heard, and the secrets are always known . . .