Thursday, December 25, 2008

Anger

There are three main reasons that I blog about what I blog about. Confusion, anger, and excitement.
Today's the second one.
I wasn't planning on blogging today. I figured I would take the day off, spend it with family, get presents, eat food, whatever. However, I went to church last night, and one thing that I will never fail to blog about is church. Mostly how much I disagree with everything that they're saying, but whatever. One thing that happened tonight was that my pastor said something that I would consider to be very much against my beliefs. My pastor said that the only place where you'll be told to love your enemies is church. That wasn't the whole sermon, just one small part of it, but it's the part that hit me the most. I'm not affiliated with the church. I'm not a member, and I don't share many of their views. However, I try to forgive people. I try not to be hateful. I'm not perfect, I don't always forgive, but I do my best. It's true that I've been going to church for a while, so maybe that's why I try to forgive. It's also true that my parents have tried to teach me to be forgiving. It's also true that all sorts of factors go into something like that. It's also true that Christianity is not the only religion in the world, and religions in general teach similar things.
I feel like I haven't really gotten anywhere with this post, but it made me less angry, which is good.
Have a very merry Christmas.

0 Fab Fans: