Monday, December 15, 2008

I love quotes.

With the kind of obsession usually reserved for Apartment Therapy.
Some of these have been reposted. You are not losing you mind. It is okay. Several of these are last words. I think they're cool, in a die the way you lived sort of way.

To hold a pen is to be at war. -Voltaire

I don't know about you, but I practice a disorganized religion. I belong to an unholy disorder. We call ourselves "Our Lady of Perpetual Astonishment." -Kurt Vonnegut

So it goes. –Kurt Vonnegut

Margo always loved mysteries. And in everything that came afterward, I could never stop thinking that maybe she loved mysteries so much that she became one. –Quentin

It's very beautiful over there.-Thomas Edison

Shoot, coward, you are only going to kill a man. - Che Guevara

You can be a king or a street sweeper, but everyone dances with the Grim Reaper. - Robert Alton Harris

They understood things of the spirit in Japan. They disemboweled themselves when anything went wrong. - Sylvia Plath

We are lonesome animals. We spend all our life trying to be less lonesome. One of our ancient methods is to tell a story begging the listener to say — and to feel —”Yes, that’s the way it is or at least that’s the way I feel it. You’re not as alone as you thought. – John Steinbeck

I don't know. Poets are always taking the weather so personally. They're always sticking their emotions in things that have no emotions. - J. D. Salinger

My religion is very simple. My religion is kindness. - Dali Lama

WAR IS PEACE
FREEDOM IS SLAVERY
IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH- George Orwell

How inconvenient! Always before it had been like snuffing a candle. The police went first and adhesive-taped the victim's mouth and bandaged him off into their glittering beetle cars, so when you arrived you found an empty house. You weren't hurting anyone, you were hurting only things! And since things really couldn't be hurt, since things felt nothing, and things don't scream or whimper, as this woman might begin to scream and cry out, there was nothing to tease your conscience later. You were simply cleaning up. Janitorial work, essentially. Everything to its proper place. Quick with the kerosene! Who's got a match! - Ray Bradbury

The death of one man is a tragedy, the death of millions is a statistic.-Erich Maria Remarque


I'm just scared of ghosts, and home is full of them.-Alaska Young


All time is all time. It does not change. It does not lend itself to warnings or explanations. It simply is. Take it moment by moment, and you will find that we are all, as I've said before, bugs in amber.-Kurt Vonnegut

We don't need lists of rights and wrongs, tables of do's and don'ts: we need books, time, and silence. 'Thou shalt not' is soon forgotten, but 'Once upon a time' lasts forever.-Philip Pullman


Religion is not "doctrinal knowledge," but wisdom born of personal experience. - Martin Luther




4 Fab Fans:

Tree said...

Sam I do not want to give you a religion, or a theology. I want to challenge you to know the Man, the God/Man - JESUS. I heard a guy say once, we need to move away from bad religion and fall in love with the Sweet Jesus. Here is a little verse for you . . . Matthew 11:28-30 "Are you tired? Worn out? Burned out on religion? Come to me. Get away with me and you'll recover your life. I'll show you how to take a real rest. Walk with me and work with me—watch how I do it. Learn the unforced rhythms of grace. I won't lay anything heavy or ill-fitting on you. Keep company with me and you'll learn to live freely and lightly." Sam I want to know the "unforced rhythms of grace" Continue to seek Truth, and you will find it . . .Have a wonderful day . . . Peace

Bianka Rose said...

i really liked the voltaire, harris, and remarque. my fave was the J.D. salinger one.
it's SO true.

Anonymous said...

My personal favorite is the George Orwell quote. 1984 if I am not mistaken.


Love conquers all - Virgil

Anonymous said...

J'aime vraiment votre article. J'ai essaye de trouver de nombreux en ligne et trouver le v?tre pour ĂȘtre la meilleure de toutes.

Mon francais n'est pas tres bon, je suis de l'Allemagne.

Mon blog:
rachat prĂȘts puis organisme de Rachat De Credit