Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Wow. I am at a loss for a witty title. Sob.

I shall spend this post listing all of the very exciting things that will be happening with my new found free time, and doing terribly with the English. I was not smoking any illegal substances while writing this, even though my writing makes people wonder... The above is the yarn that I will be using for this sweater experiment/project/thing. It is Berroco X-Press, colour 3608, and that white spot in the front of that yarn? That's a quarter, for scale. I'm using size 13 circular needles (Y'all are starting to think that I do not own any smaller needles. I do. I actually finished a had last night with smaller needles, I just haven't gotten around to taking pictures. Bear with me.)

Here's how I will be doing things. Please be aware that these instructions have no guarantees, except for the one guaranteeing that I will mess something up. This will be an adventure at the very least.
I am casting on 60 stitches. I took this pattern, figured out my size and gauge, and then added four stitches allowing for the pull of the cable in front. I also wanted to make the neckline a little lower, so I added 16 stitches, assuming that two sets of raglan increases would be removed with the extra cast on.
Does any of this make sense?
Kool aid shawl picture. Because I can. I've been wearing it more since it got cold. I wish the weather would just shut up and snow. I want snow. Fuck ice, I want snow. You can't sled on ice.
And a tree picture. Because it's been a rough day.

0 Fab Fans: