Sunday, December 30, 2007

I am a posting machine...

I think this website is pretty cool. I've downloaded the introduction to fiction class from the liturature section. I've skimmed the materials, and it looks pretty hard (no duh, this is college level stuff). I think attempting this goes on the Big, Scary Things List. I found out about this from US news and world report. It seems like a good way for a college to do a public service. I understand that none of this gets graded, but I think that their materials for pride and predjuce will help me to understand it better.
For reference, here is the list of BIG FUN SCARY THINGS
*Read at least 70 books, ten of which must be classics. Ten must also be non-fiction. They cannot be the same ten.
*Learn to drive (can get my permit in feb! Love you MI with one of the lowest driving ages in the country!!!)
*Not do terribly in honors geometry (C or higher, but aiming for A)
*Knit 1 pair of socks and 2 sweaters
*Walk my dog at least 4 times every week (if I go for a 1.5 mile walk every time, I will have walked 300+miles by the end of the year)
*Finish and start editing my 2007 Nano, and do NaNo in '08, plus write a NaNoWriYe
*Take better photos and gain more photoshop skills
*attempt the online fiction course from MIT

This shall be one interesting experiance!
P.S. And yes, I know the MIT thing will kick my ass. In a good way.

3 Fab Fans:

Tree said...

what is this college class thing you are talking about, and how does it work??

Samantha said...

MIT is doing this thing where they upload the materials for certin classes to the internet. This lets ordinary people (not just MIT students) downdoad the materials for free. They don't grade it or anything, but it's still pretty cool. Happy new year!

Anonymous said...

Hello.
The interesting name of a site - froomla.blogspot.com, interesting this here is very good.
I spent 2 hours searching in the network, until find your forum!