Tuesday, October 5, 2010

This post comes to you in five parts

Part One

Homecoming! Was great! Yay! People were pretty! We dared to venture into the middle grinding pit and came out sweaty and disgusting and in desperate need of a shower.
I started feeling a little bit nostalgic. This is my last homecoming. Ever.

Part Two
Jo. On Oprah! I watched it. Most of the stuff she said was in other video interviews*, but it was still cool. She's still my role model. Also, she's said before that she's estranged from her father, but in the interview, Oprah asked if she cared to share her reasons, and she said no. It really makes me wonder. Inventing possible histories right now.

Part Three
Quizbowl. I love quizbowl. It's great. But this year, it's kind of different. I feel weird about it.

Part Four
College! Columbus is looking nicer and nicer. I'm thinking about illustration more and more. I have no idea what I would do in illustration, but it looks...cool.

Part Five
I got into a college today**. Massive relief. My interview wasn't so much an interview as a "Let me recalculate your gpa. You're in. You should apply for scholarships. Take a free pen!"
No really, they had purple pens. It was awesome.

*Yes. I've watched them. ALL.
**So, uhh, if I wanted to...I could go to school for architecture. OH EM GEE CHOICES HOW WILL I COPE WITH ALL THE CHOICES PANIC TIME.

5 Fab Fans:

Luna Moon said...

I don't know how much this has to do with Oprah's estrangement from her father, but she was raped and sexually abused as a preteen/teen. One of the people that abused her was an "uncle" (parent's brother or family friend, I'm unsure of which). And if I remember correctly, her family didn't really believe her. It may have to do with that.

Samantha said...

I remember hearing about this, but it's Jo whose estrangement we're talking about, not Oprah's. Sorry if that wasn't clear.

Bianka Rose said...

Inventing possible histories is rather fun.

Columbus! Hey! I was looking at that school! (Did I tell you about it? Hmm...)

A college with purple pens? Awesome.

How do you feel different about quiz bowl? I'm feeling different about quiz bowl, too, but I'm pretty sure it's for a different reason.

Luna Moon said...

Wait. Who's Jo?

Samantha said...

Emaline-OMR you should go to Columbus!!! Do they have a good art history program? Last night I...well...I'll blog about it.
The pens were purple, but wrote in black ink. I feel like it's impossible for me to learn anything at all right now and everything's a waste of time. This is true for everything else I'm doing that involves learning. It's almost like I've just hit my limit for information and nothing else will fit in my brain.
Michelle-JK ROWLING.