Thursday, October 21, 2010

Bam bam bam

I want to start out with a quote.
“A paper town for a paper girl,” she says. “I read about Algoe in this book of ‘amazing facts’ when I was ten or eleven. And I never stopped thinking about it. The truth is that whenever I went up to the top of the SunTrust Building - including that last time with you - I didn’t really look down and think about how everything was made of paper. I looked down and thought about how I was made of paper. I was the flimsy-foldable person, not everyone else. And here’s the thing about it. People love the idea of a paper girl. They always have. And the worst thing is that I loved it, too. I cultivated it, you know? Because it’s kind of great, being an idea that everybody likes. But I could never be the idea to myself, not all the way. And Algoe is a place where a paper creation became real. A dot on the map became a real place, more real than the people who created the dot could ever have imagined. I thought maybe the paper cutout of a girl could start becoming real here also. And it seemed like a way to tell that paper girl who cared about popularity and clothes and everything else: ‘You are going to the paper towns. And you are never coming back.’”

I think people think that I've been being more and more introspective lately.
That's because I have been.
I don't really know why.
That's a lie.
There's a million little reasons why.
Talk to me. Just because I'm not talking to you doesn't mean that I don't want to talk, I've just...lost that ability.
Not that I ever had it in the first place.
I'm fine.
I'm fine.
I'm fine.
Right?

4 Fab Fans:

Luna Moon said...

Dear Gym buddy/friend/whatever we are sometimes (AWESOME!), talk to me.

Bianka Rose said...

You're fine.
Hang in there.
If I could express in words the myriads of reasons as to why you're amazing, I would. But some things are just innate.

Bianka Rose said...

I feel like my last comment made no sense.
Basically, you're awesome and you'll be OK.

Samantha said...

Thanks guys. Really, this means a lot to me.