Sunday, February 27, 2011

Inspiration

First off, I just realized that the Picasso exhibit I've been wanting to see was ending today. And I haven't seen it. RAGE.
Youth group was fun tonight. I showed everyone this t-shirt logo, and they liked it. I'm not sure if they actually liked it or if they were just trying to make me feel good. It's always weird when I make something, and it's something that I'm not very fond of, and people like it. It's uncomfortable. I just want to tell them "No, that's not very good. No, really, I swear I can do better. It's just that I have trouble with the computer, and I was drawing with a mouse, and I can't figure out how to make the path tool work correctly, so when I had it all plotted out, it just went and erased itself. My idea was so, so much better than the execution, it really was!" but they're just like "Ahhh, I like it. What colours is it going to be?"
Like that, but with text on the right. Is it blasphemous to change the cross and flame logo? The double flame is something that's a little...irritating.

So, I'm thinking about inspiration.* See, I've recently added a number of images to my bedroom walls where I keep pretty things. And I've asked myself "Is this too much? Is this overpowering?" and then I say "Why not? If you have walls, why not plaster them with the things that make you happy and inspire you and remind you of the DIA and The Importance of Being Earnest and last years auto show and Alice in Wonderland and buildings with walls that aren't perpendicular to the ground? Why not? And then I thought of dreams and passions and all those other things that give us a reason to get out of bed in the morning and all the other things that the universe has given us to contemplate so that we don't have to be just slouching towards death and the fact that there is so much out there, waiting for someone to make it. So I want to go draw the self portrait and draw the hipster chairs and draw the weird melted bottles that are like Chihuly** but not as cool and also a lot cheaper. And I want to write books and make a radio play (with all of the NPR personalities who we will kidnap and force to do the voices) and just create things, because OUR TIME IS NOW. So go. Go and do what you want to do, be the person who you want to be and seize the day.

That is all. Goodnight.

*Also, THE KING'S SPEECH kicked some ass at the Oscars. And Anne Hathaway wore about five thousand different dresses. Also, COLIN FIRTH. He may take over Alan's place in my heart. Alan, watch out. Do something awesome, right now, unless you want to lose some prime real estate.
**I am forever amazed at my ability to spell his name. I cannot usually spell "knowledge" but I can spell "Chihuly" right every single time. LIFE SKILL.

It seems like, lately, I've turned into some sort of inspirational blogger. Do not be worried. The change is not permanent. I'll be back to normal soon.

1 Fab Fans:

Tree said...

great . . . a one word response . . . I love your logo also. peace