Saturday, November 6, 2010

A Belated Fiction Friday

I was going through my drafts and dug up this old post from July. I don't know why I didn't post it then, but I'm sure I had a reason.

I was going to post this yesterday, but then I forgot and it suddenly turned into today. Funny how time happens, isn't it? I wrote this a couple nights ago when I couldn't fall asleep 'till 6:30 or something. Staying up late is fun until about 4, when all you want to do is get some sleep. Annnd...I found a new video of Jo. Why didn't anyone tell me about this when it happened? I think it's cool.


Anyway, here it goes. The story, I mean.

"What do you do when you're alone?"
"What do you mean? I'm always alone."
"You're not alone right now."
"Actually, I am."
"No you're not, silly. I'm here."
"Yeah. You. But you're always here. You don't count."
"Ouch, what would you do if I was gone?"
"I would wait for you to come back, of course."
"I'm never coming back."
"Way to tell me in advance. I'll spend my time hating you with ever fiber of my being."
"Why is your being so fibrous?"
"Because I eat my fruits and vegetables, just like mommy says I should."
"When was the last time you talked to mommy? She disappointed in you?"
"I don't have a mother."
"Neither does God, and he turned out alright."
"Yeah, something just went wrong with me, I guess."
"Something went wrong with all of us, didn't it?"
"Then what seperates them from us?"
"Getting caught."
"Someone once told me that grade-school bullies end up as cops or criminals."
"I wasn't a bully."
"Neither was I."
"So we keep on getting fucked by the bullies, over and over."
"Pretty much."
"Shit like that makes me lose faith in socicety a little more every day."
"They've lost faith in you, don't you think?"
"Kicked outta the playground for good."
"I always wonder if life is easier for other people."
"Or if they're just better actors."
"I used to want to be an actor."
"Really?"
"I thought it was an art where I could hide myself. Everything else, it seems to revolve around putting yourself out there, and I just wanted to hide."
"I kind of think we're all looking for someplace to hide."
"But it's better for us, I think, not to find it."
"Getting too safe and too comfortable is what kills everyone sooner or later. You have to keep moving, even when you don't want to."
"What's the danger in getting yourself killed sooner rather than later? The dead only pity the living."
"And you can talk to them?"
"No, but I like to think that they have it a little better than this."
"Oh, welcome to the middle ages! Where are the horsemen?"
"I killed them."
"You gotta stop killing the symbolism. Wasn't the house of Usher enough for you?"
"I just wanted to be one of the cool kids."
"You're not a cool kid, and you're stuck that way."
"Can't people change?"
"Never enough. Never, ever enough."

0 Fab Fans: