Thursday, October 1, 2009

Do you know what today is?

It's a pretty freekin' big deal. It's October first. Le premier. This means that I am starting NaNoWriMo in a month. And that I have a novel with just under 30,000 words that I feel some sort of obligation to finish or do something with before I start the next thing. I'm planning this thing, and I really like it. It's an awesome novel. I'm not sure that I'm going to have enough to go off of in terms of planning (is this irony striking anyone else?) so I've been doing more of that. I'm in need of some names (male and female, first and last) for characters, so if you have any decent ideas, put them in the comments.
In other news, it's homecoming week. Or rather, it's nearly the end of homecoming week. This was the first day that I actually dressed up, wearing my maroon hoodie. It's class colour day. I do not go all out. Tomorrow's school colour day. I have not yet decided what I'm going to wear, but it won't be too exciting. And I'm going to the dance on Saturday. It'll be awesome. I have a dress. It's pretty. I think I'll even like, put on makeup.
In other news, I have Linux Mint. I love it a lot. It's like windows, only not craptastic. And I got a thing in the mail today about Ferris State. They sound interesting, and so I went to their website and checked out Kendall, which is the art school vaguely associated with Ferris State. They don't require a portfolio to get in to their Furniture Design (or Art History, but I don't care so much about that) program.
Just let that sink in for a second, then ask yourself how on earth they decide who they are going to let into the school. I don't know the answer, I'm going to ask my art teacher tomorrow.
While we're on the topic of answers, I have a story from APUSH to tell all y'all. The person who sits next to me in that class and I are sort of friends. As in, we talk often, but if I was bored on a Saturday, she's not really someone I would call. I would call the group, and they would do something exciting. But anyways, we have this thing to do that is like and unlike a green sheet at the same time, and I have a slight idea about how to do it. She spent half the block asking how to find patterns in history. I tried to explain to her how to do it, but she just didn't get it. Patterns in history are things that you see repeating, or emerging trends, or things that you know will happen again. That's what I told her, but she still didn't get it. In a few years, if I'm trying to think of a career, tell me that this is why I shouldn't become a history teacher.
Also, it's freeking cold here. I need to find a blanket or something.

1 Fab Fans:

Aaron said...

Linux Mint is good for beginners, but you'll want to get Arch Linux pretty soon. It's far better, it doesn't have all the extra things you don't need that do nothing but slow you down. It's a bit intimidating if you don't have any Linux experience, but it's very easy to use since you control everything. You just need to read the manual or the beginner's guide and keep track of what you do.

I also need names, I don't want to name everyone after someone in the group. Except for Tenki and David, but that's because I'm hilarious, not uncreative.