Friday, November 21, 2008

Enlightened

I started blogging because I don’t understand the world around me. I didn’t think of it that way at the time. At the time I was a bored kid looking for something to do. I don’t think I’d trade my experiences for the world. The one thing that blogging has given me was a reason that I had to think of something to say a couple times a month. When I didn’t have any cool pictures or stories or inside jokes or anything, I asked questions. I sat my ass down in the computer chair and asked whatever questions came to my mind. I don’t know how it took me a year and a half to figure out my real motives, but that doesn’t matter. What does is the fact that I’m not going to run out of questions. No one runs out of questions, they run out of need to know. Here are some questions for today.
I don’t understand why this, this whole little world of achievements and measures of success and such that we’ve constructed around ourselves can be so damn important. Why does it matter? Why does it matter how you do in school? Why does that translate to how successful you are in life? Will it permentatly effect you if you don’t have any work ethic? Is work ethic more important than, say, intelligence? Why do we need to measure that kind of stuff? Why are we fixated on getting into U of M? What makes an education from U of M better than one from reading books you like? How does one really ruin one’s own life? How can we define ruin? Why can’t I just have time to figure life out? Will we ever need to figure life out? How smart do you have to be? How come I’m not “driven”? Where do you get this drive thing? In a world where no one would judge you for wasting your intellect, what would you want to do? Would that world be more or less advanced than our own? Maybe if everyone just did whatever they liked best, whatever they would do even if they didn’t get paid, we would be more productive. Are we all waiting for Friday? Is that a bad thing? Is it bad that it’s so hard to live in the present? Why do looks matter so much to us? Is it a choice between looks and intellect? Why would anyone want to have it all? If we didn’t have this crazy need for so much crap, would we work so much? What’s the most important thing in the world?

2 Fab Fans:

Tree said...

I really like your questions, have you spent any time trying to find answers. I have some thoughts if you want to hear them. I will jot them down for you. What do you think the most important thing in the world is?? Peace

Bianka Rose said...

way too many questions. but i'll answer the very last one. what is the most important thing in the world? the things you can't buy with money like friends, family, laughter, and all that sentimental stuff. they are what create memories