Saturday, September 25, 2010

Books are sexy

I think if I mention sex more on the blog, I'll get more google hits. We could make this into an experiment with an if-then statement and a writeup and everything. Party time!*
I haven't blogged in eons, but I'm not really sure why. I've been a little bit down lately. Like, I still have times when I'm over the top slap happy excited, but there's something of an underlying current of negativity. I don't know why.
I'm reading Native Son and Merchant of Venice for AP Lit. Aaaaand today I went to the library for TAB and got a book about animation** and when I checked it out, they said I had a hold and it was...dun dun dun...THE VIRGIN SUICIDES.
Do we remember Middlesex? Oh yes we do. I'll be reading this tomorrow, and hopefully it will be just as good, if not better. However, by my first assessment, it's astonishingly thin. I hate thin books. Unless they're The Great Gatsby. That was good. Or...the Eames book that's earned a permanent place in the bedside collection***. Or...novellas.
Novellas. Mmm...Novella project. What do y'all think is an appropriate wordcount for The Novella Project? Is 30k enough? That's when I always seem to run out of story.

*I'm actually considering doing this.
**Stop motion animation coming at some time or another...whenever I have time, which is basically when I get into college.
***Book lovers never go to bed alone.

2 Fab Fans:

Luna Moon said...

I love the Virgin Suicides. It's what made me want to read Middlesex.

I'm also interested in watching the movie for TVS sometime, if you're interested.

Bianka Rose said...

30K seems like plenty for the novella project.
I'm reading Merchant of Venice, too! I find Shakespeare is much easier to read when I'm not trying to get through as many plays as I possibly can. I'm liking it so far. You?