Friday, April 9, 2010

You could say that.

Do you ever get that strange sinking feeling out of nowhere? And then you start questioning things, and then you get in that state. Not sad, but not happy, and not excited or angsty or anything that I know how to describe. It's almost separate from feelings. I remember when I was little, I would always think about death when I went swimming. It's weird, isn't it? But this is the slightly more adult version of that, that uncertainty that makes you want to draw into yourself and hide and be completely alone with your own thoughts.
I wonder what it would be like to be able to shut off your brain, or even to be able to think of one thing at a time. It would be calm, and that would be strange.
I don't want to go back to school.
Why do we bother to do anything? I get some gratification from doing some things, but why do we do other things? Are they entertaining? Is there something in our minds that tricks us into being entertained when we're really not?
Maybe I just don't understand the nature of goals and achievement.

0 Fab Fans: