Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Engaged

I am not paying attention. I don't care about what I'm hearing, I just want to get out of here. When I get out of here, I'm not going to be doing anything. I'm going to curl up in a ball and just sit there, because right now, everything feels like it's too much effort. Today is going to be this week's designated tragic day, in which I avoid doing things and I avoid people. We've had a sharp uptick in these types of days ever since NaNoWriMo. Before that, was generally somewhere in the middle, but now, I'm either pretty good or rather pissed and just trying to get through and get over with the day. It almost feels like, on these days, that I don't need other people anymore, because other people just mess things up.
Good God, that sounded tragicaly emo. I'm sorry.

1 Fab Fans:

Aeromax said...

Towards the end you were sounding pretty Thoreau but I wouldn't call it emo; presumably it was intended negatively :-(

Displaying emotion when you really need to is good even if you are a Stoicist. If it comes down to writing an Internet diatribe or having a sour disposition for a week, the former would be preferred by pretty much everyone. Not only as a "lesser of two evils", but because some people enjoy reading stuff like this :-)