Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Real titles are for losers.

Today in Art, Mr. B and I were talking about colleges. This is most of what I do in Art now, I haven't worked on my project in a couple days. Anyways, he was telling me about this college that he found that says they're the only one in the country who offers a BFA in Curating. So that sounds pretty cool. He talked about the other college I was interested in, SCAD as well. He thinks that I'm not interested in SCAD because I'm talking about it from a purely academic perspective (the price, my chances of getting in, the programs they offer). Both of us realize that if I was really in love with the place, I would not be talking like this. I would be sort of gushing, like if I saw this building.This is the City Hall in Paris. Isn't it amazing?!?! Yeah, I know it is. And it looks so pretty lit up at night, and the whole inside of it was burned during the Paris Commune (Euro connection!) so the amazing restoration people made the inside all pretty again. Now, if I was one of these people, I would be giddy about this. And look at the ceilings!
Clearly, I just need to run around the world and look at pretty buildings. Does anyone volunteer to pay for this adventure?

Anyways, that led me to thinking about things that I would be getting really excited about, in terms of career plans.

1.Any kind of fiction writing job.
2.A job where they let me touch important old stuff.
3.Making a living off of this blog.

Now that we know this, I just have to figure out what I'm going to do about it.

3 Fab Fans:

Bianka Rose said...

Marc Chagall painted the ceiling of the Paris Opera House.
Just thought that'd be interesting.
But that's a COOL building. Why doesn't Novi's town hall look like that?

Tree said...

you know what, there are jobs that pay people to go around the world and look at wonderful buildings and pay your way . . . Look at NatGeo, or write a grant for a NEA money to film yourself exploring the world of wonderful buildings . . . You will find your way . . . Peace

Samantha said...

Those sound like they would all be very good ideas. National Geographic wants photographers, right? Their pictures are pretty amazing.