Saturday, February 7, 2009

Master Procrastinator

I should be writing or studying or something. Instead I'm blogging and listening to pandora. Stuck in an unproductive rut. My parents have decided that I need to clean my room. It's a mess. There's three levels: What I should be doing, what I want to be doing, and what I am doing. The chances of these all overlapping sometime soon are very low. That's more than a little tragic.
I've been pondering purpose again. Some time ago, I decided that our purpose was to find a purpose. That seems a little bit circular, but I like circular definitions, as long as I'm the one who made them up. Basically, find someplace where the world needs you, then you're good.
Of course, when you're thinking about what you're going to do with your life, it's hard to know where the world needs you.
The world doesn't need me to blog. I blog because I like to. Come to think of it, most everything I do isn't something that the world needs. The world doesn't really need youtube videos, the world doesn't need people who can't stand typing on ergonmic keyboards, the world doesn't need people who spend their Saturday sleeping and thinking about working, the world doesn't need anything I do. I know that sounds like I'm suicidal or something, but it's more like I need to make myself useful. I need to find a purpose.
Any ideas?

6 Fab Fans:

Andrea said...

I vaguely remember a "save the world" kick we went on for like an hour last summer. Was it summer?

Plant a tree!

Samantha said...

I think it may have been last summer. I think the world still needs saving.
Planting a tree isn't really what I'm thinking of. I don't know. It's just...I need something that makes me feel like I'm needed.
Blurgh. Do normal people think about this stuff?

Zoopsia said...

Emaline and I are maybe going to join the peace corps. Look into it!

Samantha said...

Is this a plan that Emaline knows about?
I'm sort of thinking about doing city year...which would be totally awesome.

Verisimilitude said...

Searching for a purpose only causes conflict!

Bianka Rose said...

hmm...well maybe somewhere someone needs you as a friend.
and i totally want to join the peace corps. just not for a long time... cause they like college students. stupidness!!!