Monday, May 30, 2011

Wake up!

Your future is knocking!

Please note that this would be a fantastic slogan for a college advertisment.  Kid sleeping on the front of the pamphlet, picture of college on the inside.  It doesn't scream "Ivy League" but it sort of screams "Local University" like a school that is pretty good, but isn't known by people from outside of the area.  Like...Oakland University.  Or CMU.  Or Eastern.  People from other states don't really know about those, do they?
Some kid at my school draws little elephant heads in pencil on various surfaces.  I think it's a girl, because I saw one in a bathroom once, but it could be multiple people.  I like it.  It's a motif.  I want a motif.  I need a motif.  Maybe I could draw tigers.  Or ligers.  Or...lightening bolts. 
In other news, this is happening because sometimes, things are right with the world.  Notice that it's at U of M.  Notice that I live like...half an hour away from U of M.  OH SNAP.  Let's go.
Speaking of living...places, I got a call today from someone who I emailed about renting a room from.  In Grand Rapids.  I'm going to check it out next Monday, so hopefully that'll work out.  I emailed a bunch of other people too, so if I can schedule a bunch of meetings for that day, it should result in me finding a place to live.  Hopefully.
I think I'm going to wear a skirt to school tomorrow. 
I just wanted you to know.
Film School is going along swimmingly.
I like swimming.
I've been rereading Paper Heart, and I don't like what I see. I'm not in love with the plot or characters any more.  I don't think I'm going to edit it at all.  I'd rather write something new.  I do not know what that something new will be.  Maybe I should write a collection of short stories.  Or poetry.*  I've heard that there is a Camp NaNoWriMo coming this summer, and that just might be the ticket.  Of course, I will not have internet.
There are several thousand bugs in my room, swarming my desk lamp. Problem.
I have a day and a half left of high school.  How did that happen?  Where did life go?  What are we all doing here? And other questions that I ask the universe.
*Someone should stop me from doing that.  It will be horrific.  Do not want.

0 Fab Fans: