Sunday, May 22, 2011

Petty

When there are somewhat large issues facing me, I tend to focus on little things.  This is a diversion tactic.  I will tap, I will pick at things, I will make sure that my nails and eyebrows look perfect.
Here is the issue that's currently freaking me out.  Camera, remember that?  I'm a neurotic freak about some things in life, and the condition of...things is one of them.  Last night, I let asked my mom to hold my camera for a few hours.  Keep in mind that said camera was purchased on May 7th and can be returned to the store within 14 days.  Also remember that my mother asked me a few times if I was sure that I wanted to keep it, etc.  Anyway, when she gives me back my camera...there is a scratch on the screen that was not present before she gained possession of it.  AND IT IS ONE DAY TOO LATE TO RETURN IT, LEAVING ME TO COPE WITH A CAMERA THAT HAS A SCRATCHED SCREEN FOR THE ENTIRETY OF THE FORESEEABLE FUTURE.
And I know that if I point it out to my mom, she will get mad at me.  Really mad, most likely.  WHY DIDN'T SHE JUST TAKE HER CAMERA?
ASDRFJHKL:SDFGHJKL:SDFGHJKL:SDFGHJKL:LEDFGHJKLSDFGHJKLWEDRFGHJKL
I just have a lot of feelings.

2 Fab Fans:

Tree said...

Been there . . . one time I let my wife use my SLR back in the film days. I was off looking at something in the museum, and when I came back she said she dropped the camera . . . and it broke, but then she said and I quote "it is your fault the camera is broken" I was like . . . What the Hey . . . I was not even near the camera . . . you were using it . . . and now it is broken and it is my fault. Nice, but NO . . .
then about 6 months after I fixed it . . . I dropped it off the tripod and it really broke then . . . so there is my story . . . I am bummed out with you on the condition of things, espically things we enjoy . . .

Samantha said...

Exact same situation. asdfghjkl. Sometimes even people you like can suck.