Thursday, March 17, 2011

Three Things

With creative pursuits, there's always a stage of exploration. You've been introduced to it, you try it out on a whim, and you have absolutely no idea what you're doing. It's like...you're in the woods, in a place where you've never been before, and you see a bear. At first, you flip out, and then you realize that it's actually Smoky the Bear, and instead of killing you, it talks to you. And then you get talking. After the conversation is over, you remember it and assume you were high while this occured. Either that, or having a very odd dream.
That analogy will make more sense tomorrow, when you see the profits of said creative pursuit. Actually...when I read that...it still makes no sense to me. Whatever.
Thing two: I'm not sure if this is a case of me being whiny or things genuinely being more difficult for me than they are for other people or both, but I effing suck at memorizing French verb conjugations. No matter how hard I study them, I can't ever learn them. Poop. Any ideas on how to make this easier/possible?
Thing three: I'm pretty fairly sure that I messed up something for financial aid at two of the schools I got in to. They weren't schools that I especially wanted to go to, but I'm wondering, right now, what could have been. I hate that notion, the idea of all the things that could have been if only you did one thing differently.

Also, if you're the kind of human being who functions like I do, I bet you would get some sort of benefit out of reading this.

2 Fab Fans:

Bianka Rose said...

That article makes me like Ira Glass 129p874232384 times more. Yes, "p" is a number.

French verb conjugations? Sorry, I don't know how to help you there. Maybe you could stop by Madame Bryant and she could give you some good ideas.

Samantha said...

I always thought that P was a number. Like....pi.
Mme. Bryant would never make us memorize verb conjugations because she saw just how useless they would be.