Friday, March 18, 2011

Fiction Friday

I'm sorry. I do not know what is happening with this. Did I mention that I was sorry? Because I am.

I see the stars all on their own
Tonight
In the woods, with only the trees.
I remember when it was just you and me.
Before the world fell in
through the ceiling
on top of us.
Remember how much we laughed?
That one day when we drove to
the beach and raced into the waves
so loud and so quiet and so together and
so alone.
And it was strange
at that moment
because I remember
thinking that
we were perfect together
but only at that second
and
soon
everything would
change.

And I'm a little bit scared
you know how
I get scared for
no reason sometimes
and when I
did, you could always tell
even if I tried to hide it.
You said it was in my eyes.
And that was why we had been so
amazing together
like we could conquer the world.

2 Fab Fans:

Tree said...

I like it . . .

Inspector Clouseau said...

Nice work. I came across your blog while “blog surfing” using the Next Blog button on the blue Nav Bar located at the top of my blogger.com site. I frequently just travel around looking for other blogs which exist on the Internet, and the various, creative ways in which people express themselves. Thanks for sharing.