Tuesday, March 15, 2011

It's March 15

Also known as the day my house burned down.
Sure is a conversation starter, isn't it? "What were you doing eight years ago today?" "Uh, I don't know." "Well, my house was burning down." "Oh. Oh." And then there's an awkward silence.
The funny thing is, I didn't think of it till about twenty minutes ago. I went all day being excited about Glee being on tonight, and being productive about art, and being excited about life in general, and being excited about France, that I completely forgot about the fact that my life was turned upside down a few years ago. This day used to be a big solemn sort of anniversary for me, and it wasn't, not this time around. This time it was just a normal day. A good day, in fact.
I progressed by leaps and bounds on my art stuff. And I watched Glee, where everything was perfect. Seriously, Klaine kiss! Not just that, but this felt like an old school, classic Glee episode. Guest stars in minor roles, everyone back where they belong. I liked it. So. Freeking. Much. And let's face it, we all went "Squeeee" when the kiss(es!) happened.
I'm growing up, I think. I'm leaving that defining moment of my childhood behind, and at this moment, I love it. I love not having to identify myself by that, I love making up a whole new identity for myself, I love not having to be the same person who I was when I was five or seven or twelve or fourteen.

I'm becoming exactly who I want to be right now, and I don't think I could be happier with myself.

2 Fab Fans:

Derek said...

I suppose "beware the ides of march" really applied to you then.

Samantha said...

Yeah, I guess.