Saturday, July 26, 2008

I am finally blogging...

to tell you that I will not be blogging for a week. Sorry! I'm going to be kayaking in Lake Superior. It will be super exciting, and there will be pictures if I can smugglemy camera out of my house without my dad noticing. He thinks I would drop it in the water and then the world will end. Honestly, it would just be an excuse to get a new camera.
I just finished Memoirs of a Teenage Amnesiac, and I love it so much. It's totally as good as Zevin's first book, Elsewhere. You should read both of them right now. Go to the library. I'll return it tomorrow. You will read it. You will be amazed.

How do you feel about this passage? I just wrote it last night while watching Secret Life of the American Teenager (which I love, by the way). I think it either sounds really good or really corny.

Dear You,

I have to get away from these memories. I’m drowning in them. I think there’s an acceptable period of mourning , almost like we require people who have shit happen to them to sit and think about it for a while. I want that to be over right now. I just want to get on with my life, but my brain, my memories, they’re all stuck, in this rut where it’s all I can think about but I don’t want to think about it and I’m afraid if I let my brain have free reign over my memories, then I’ll go crazy. That makes no sense, but it explains how I feel perfectly. It’s just like there are a lot of times when I would give anything on earth to forget about everything, to be exactly the person I was before. The other half of the time, I just want to think about everything that happened, like I can learn from it. I have to be able to learn from it, otherwise I would have just lost everything. I like to think that when you lose something that big, you have to be able to gain something back. Maybe it’s a completely different something, but it’s still there. It’s like how energy cannot be created nor can it be destroyed, it still has to be there in some form or another. It’s gotta be a different form, and it’s probably harder to find and harder to use, but it’s still there. Still there.

3 Fab Fans:

AssassinsCall said...

I like the passage, it's intense...REPO MAN INTENSE

Tree said...

Sam, I really like your passage. You are a thinker and that is awesome. Work though it and know that you are HUMAN. Peace

Tree said...

Hey, I love the new background, it looks cool, and it is wider. Peace