Sunday, July 20, 2008

Yowza. Or designey things.

Sooo much has been happening lately. I had MAGIC camp this past week, which was super fun, but really tiring, espically because I had to be there at 9:00 every day. MAGIC and this piece on NPR (<3) style="margin: 0px auto 10px; display: block; text-align: center; cursor: pointer; width: 118px; height: 89px;" src="http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_BA_V9oe8cNA/SIQv3eaUUWI/AAAAAAAAAVA/Nxo1MXZslYs/s400/weebee_thumb.jpg" alt="" id="BLOGGER_PHOTO_ID_5225354097759375714" border="0">That's a Weebee, by Tumbleweed Tiny Houses. It's 102 square feet.

This is a V2. The website is remarkably cryptic, so they won't tell you how many square feet it is.
I really want to live in something like this one day. The average american house measures about 2,500 square feet. Three or four people don't really need that much space, and I sort of think that it makes you disconnected from nature. I spent all of today inside, in the car, in the theatre, or going to and from the car. What kind of life is that? I haven't felt the grass at all today. I haven't really lived.
Back to my small house dreams. I think that I could handle living in about 400 square feet. My family room is 425 square feet, and I think that I could put all my stuff in there, along with a kitchen and bathroom. I could get solar pannels for the roof and maybe another one to sit outside. I really want to live like this, and I don't really know why. Huh.

2 Fab Fans:

Tree said...

Well Sam, Today is the 203 day of the year bing a leep year and all. It also means that there are 163 days that remain in this year. Today is also the birthday of Ernest Hemingway. Also John Scopes was fined $100.00 for teaching evoloution on this day. There are many more things that I know about this day as well. But I also believe this is the day one year ago that you began to blog. That is the important thing that happened on this day. I also may have posted some of this twice. Well have a wonderful day. Peace

Tree said...

stupid me, I posted this on the wrong blog. What was I thinking??