Wednesday, October 17, 2007

NaNoWriMo...

I've been thinking about my NaNo, and my writing in general. I don't know if I've mentioned it in the blog, but I'm maybe not the most fabulous writer on the face of the Earth. I've got the C in English to prove it. I don't know why I even like writing, other than there's a lot of stuff that needs to get out of my head and nowhere to put it other than on the page. I think that some of this "I'm so terrible at writing" thing comes from the fact that I tend to be borderline. Last year, in eighth grade, I took Algebra 1. It was really hard, especially becauase it was taught a lot faster than it is at the Hi! School. This year I'm taking Honors Geometry (yes, Honors. I have issues) even though I was going to take Geometry instead.
My English teacher last year wanted me to be in regular English in place of the Honors English that I'm taking now. She said that I could handle the work, but didn't seem interested. She is wrong. I am totally interested, I love the class, but it's so hard! My lexile score is 1245, and most people in Honors have at least 1000. That means that I should be good at this, right? Right?????

"The first draft of anything is shit." - Ernest Hemingway

"When you're going through hell, keep going." ~Albert Einstein

The good news of this post is that the only place to go now is up.

The End.

0 Fab Fans: