Sunday, June 27, 2010

Fuzz

My brain feels a little staticey right now. Deal with the disorganized post that is to follow.
I'm reading Empire Falls. It's okay. I need to finish reading it soon so that I can stay up all night to finish reading Guns, Germs, and Steel. I saw this map of societal advancement and everything clicked. It was magic.
The novel is...still going. I'm questioning necessary length, mostly because editing is possible.
I went to the hospital today and...it was boring. It's always kind of boring, I feel like I should be leading the conversation but I have nothing to say and there's never enough chairs and...yeah.
I'm thinking more and more about culture and how maybe nothing is original any more. Still, with the lack of originality, people want to be active creators of culture and not just consumers, we're asked more and more to take the bits of culture that we like and remake them in our own way.
It would be awesome to be on the radio if I could be a combination of Ira Glass and The Tappet Brothers.
The more I think about it, the more I want to write for the rest of my life.
This blog post doesn't make any sense to me, and it probably doesn't make any sense to you either.

1 Fab Fans:

Aeromax said...

to put it briefly - although the amount of "things that have been said before" has probably remained constant throughout human history, we are now becoming blisteringly aware of it because information continues to become more accessible and interconnected.