Monday, December 28, 2009

Second Deadly Sin

I'm writing a little story right now. I should have realized this earlier and rectified the situation, but I think it's too late now. The story is in second person.
I think I like having it in second person. Now, we all know that second person is weird and bad and icky, but there's something about it in this context that just works so well. I'm sort of playing around with the chronology too, so maybe playing around with time and playing around with narration work together. Maybe.
Anyways, the story is called (as of right now) A Million Reasons Why. It has (as of right now) three parts. It will be published on the blog soon-ish, which means sometime before NaNoWriMo.
In other news, I've determined my wordcount goal for NaNoWriYe. It feels like a huge and terrifying number right now, but I've decided on a specific wordcount goal for every month, depending on what I'm doing. For instance, I do not plan on writing anything in December, because December is the month of sleep. On the other hand, July, August, and November are looking like pretty productive months. If you can't tell, I'm very excited by this prospect.
I have the excel spreadsheet to prove it.

3 Fab Fans:

Samantha said...

You know what I just realized about the whole first, second, third person thing? It corresponds to your French (and presumably English) pronouns.

I can hear the responses now.
"No wonder they didn't let you go to states, with a brain like that."

Aaron said...

You stole my post again. I wrote it four days ago, now I have to post it before it's ready so there's no WriYe gap.

Samantha said...

I'm a mind reader, that's why I keep stealing your posts.