Sunday, June 28, 2009

News

I've been at camp for the past week, being trained in how to counsel children. I had a lot of fun. I kayaked across a lake. I slept outside and saw a million stars. I joked about stealing cheese from the Baptists. I got annoyed at another camp's bell. I was amazed by a pepper. I led people. I ate an otter snack. I got a bite from something on my eyelid. I was amazed at some people's ability to pay such attention to stupid things. I put my entire group through a tire. I got mosquito bites on my scalp and the backs of my upper thighs. I understood all the Bob Ditter jokes in the world. I had a lot of fun. You can see pictures here (the Counselor in Training one). I'm planning on going to Canoe Camp. There are scholarships available. Anybody want to come with me?
Michael Jackson is dead. Today, almost 16,000 children died from hunger related causes. Which is a bigger deal?
I got started on the WH stuff today. I am strangely proud of that, even though it's not that big of a deal. Whatever.
Hilariously stupid people: Yesterday, we had family over at my house for my grandma's birthday. My great-aunt was one of those family members. I don't really get along with her for numerous reasons. We had sponge cake for dessert (there is a dessert comment for another time) and she goes on this crazy rant about how the cake is upside down. In her mind, one should take the cake out of the oven and flip it over. She then states that the part that was on the bottom in the oven is now on the top, and this is wrong. Please note that she has assessed the status of the cake wrongly. The cake is currently placed on a plate in the same orientation as it was in the oven. My grandma says that yes, we generally flip this kind of cake, but it tastes the same upside down as it does right side up. My great-aunt goes on to say that my grandma is the only person there with a brain. Please note that she is yelling about a cake. Also note that she has previously baked a cake that had a similar consistency to sawdust, as several reviewers have stated. And people wonder how I feel about having all my family near me.
In other news, I'm seeing Food, Inc. tomorrow. This is what vegetarians watch, people. Dorky vegetarians, that is.

1 Fab Fans:

Bianka Rose said...

I don't know any of my great-aunts. Maybe that's a good thing.
And your camp looks fun.
Exciting!