Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Laws of the Universe

That, in short, is physics. Or at least what I understand physics to be about. I think I like physics because it all works, and it's solid. it's not some abstract concept that's all subjective. That's what solid is.
I went to a funeral home tonight, and that was when I realized that the laws of the universe don't always work. It was the visitation for my friend's dad.
The laws of the universe say that sixteen year olds don't lose their fathers. The laws of the universe say that really awesome people don't die. The laws of the universe say that people who can't handle that sort of thing shouldn't have to go. The laws of the universe say that no one should have to bury their child.
I know what you're saying. You're asking why I haven't realized this before. It's not like this is the first time I've known someone who died. Wasn't Steven's death more of a injustice?
That was breaking the laws of the universe too. Kids shouldn't die, and people my age shouldn't have their parents die. That just isn't the way it's supposed to work.
And how are you supposed to deal with that? Can you really get over that?
And now I have to think of something that I did tonight to write about for French, because lord knows I'm not writing about this.

1 Fab Fans:

Tree said...

i am with you . . .