Saturday, June 9, 2012

Wonderment.

Thing that I do not quite understand and have been thinking about: Charity events.  I'm not talking about super rich people and the events that they hold to raise money for whatever cause.  I don't try to understand rich people.  But charity things that regular people do, like Relay for Life, or Walk for the Whatever, what's the point of those?  Those events cost money to host, money that could be put towards the actual cause that the charity is trying to help.  Why not just have people donate money to your charity, and do more good?  I would guess that people donate more when they have their friends and family asking them to sponsor whatever event, which is a less than awesome view of the way people work.
I think I'm just bothered by people, deep down.
People...and myself.
Don't even get me started on Kony 2012.

0 Fab Fans: