Saturday, June 21, 2008

Thinking

Since my brain is a little...fuzzy, I have a post in list. More posts really should be in lists.

Things I learned at ASP

  • Mining is to Knott County as Cars are to Detroit, if not more so.
  • My church friends have dirtier minds than my school friends.
  • I can take siding down.
  • I am actually very short, compared to everyone else in my work crew.
  • Helping people helps me a lot too.
  • Humming really annoys some people. Who knew?
  • Deep fried cheesecake is really, really good.
  • Apparently southern cooking must involve one or more of the following: Excessive butter, deep frying, or biscuits.
  • I really don't like gravy and biscuits. Shoot me.
Things I wrote while at ASP
  • I could totally feel my arteries hardening, but it was absolutly worth it.
  • Dirty joke marathon...Let's just say that I have been scarred for life.
  • I've always wanted to ask God how He can let poverty and despair happen in the world. What's keeping you from asking? I'm afraid he'll ask me the same thing.
  • The Creeper's ManGloves
  • At the end of the day, it doesn't matter how much money you have or what your hair looked like or if you went to church enough or any of that. What people care about when it's all said and done is this; weahter or no you did your best to help and love everyone around you.
  • It seems like people here really know what the important things are in life. It's so much simpler here.

4 Fab Fans:

Tree said...

Sam, I am glad you had fun. I am also glad that you are learning so much in your walk. Continue to seek TRUTH. Peace

Andrea said...

Giggle. You have a Tally Hall song on your page. Giggle. Oh, and I sent you an email... so... you should read it.

Bianka Rose said...

i really liked this post. i especially liked when you said how you wanted to ask God how he let poverty and sickness happen in the world then you said that what was holding you back was you were afraid he'd ask you the same thing. i'm pretty sure that was a MAJOR run on sentence. anyway you make some really good points.

Samantha said...

You know, I think that run on sentences are okay, I speak and write in run on sentences all the time, like this one time (at band camp) i was commenting in someone's blog post about, you know, run on sentences or something.
^writerly SKILLZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ