Sunday, July 29, 2007

Kool-Aid, Environmentalism, and the Yarn Harlot.

Does everyone want to see pictures of the Kool-Aid dyed shawl thing? Of course you do!

That's the wrong side, but I like it just as much as the other.
This is the pattern on the right side, when stretched out.


So, I've always sort of considered myself to be somewhat of an environmentalist, but now, I'm realizing just how much of an environmental impact my family has.

  1. Up until very recently, we used plastic or paper bags for our groceries. Now my parents are keeping a bunch of canvas bags in the cars to use instead of plastic.
  2. I wear cotton, a crop that requires a lot of chemicals to produce.
  3. My parents drive big cars. Well, my dad has a vibe, which gets like 30 miles/gallon, but still.
  4. Our microwave is still plugged in, even though we never use it...And it shows the wrong time.
Okay. Most people with a clue know that I'm a wee bit obsessed with the Yarn Harlot's blog. I kinda really want to be the yarn harlot if I grow up (the idea of growing up sucks, but if I have to...I wanna be the yarn harlot). She's a good knitter, she lives in a cool city where you don't have to own a car, she's liberal, and she writes books. Why not be the yarn harlot if you really have to grow up?


And just remember "First you are telling your mother that knitting is "boring" and next something horrible has happened....like .....drug addiction, not folding your laundry or ...voting conservative. "


P.S. I may want to knit the totem jacket. still undecided on that.

0 Fab Fans: